RFID Toys Homepage
Holy crap, check out the Dangerous Things store!
Forum Home Forum Home > Projects and such > Parts and info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which Implants?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phyvel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 8:24am
I bought the reader you suggested above.  It read the Hitag implants without a problem.  As well, it confirmed that my wife's and my tags are identically written.  The only thing I didn't so much like about it, was that it took the fun out of building the reader and the relay mechanism.  Anyway, here is a short video I made of it working.  Next is for me to connect the relay to a keyless remote, as detailed in your book.
Thanks again for the help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYNQQ_ox7OM&list=UU1xYsBgRZdrBgNOw_K6dtOA&index=1&feature=plcp
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 12:37pm
Ok, so both your Hitag implants have been set up to emulate EM4102 tags and those memory blocks are identical. The actual tag ID of each HITAG is unique, however the reader you have cannot read that information.

One question though - why make them identical? Unique emulated IDs could allow you differentiate actions and information based on who's tag is being read. With each tag ID being the same, you no longer have that option.
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
Phyvel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phyvel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 2:21pm
Okay, I understand about the emulation, and (only) the emulated blocks being identical.

The idea behind them being identical: when we got married, we decided we wanted it to be special and unique. Instead of rings, we got implants. Furthermore, as a symbol of oneness, we decided the IDs should be identically written (clones), since we were given the option. We have, however, purchased two more tags, with different/ separate numbers. Once we have these implanted, we will have different functionality, as above mentioned. :)
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 2:49pm
Ahh ok. Cool :) You could also just re-write the tag memory blocks to make them unique, rather than implanting new ones.
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
Phyvel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phyvel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2012 at 1:30am
Yes, yes indeed... So my next question is (because I have done quite a bit of searching, and have yet to turn anything up): Where can I find a reader/ writer which works with Hitag S?  Either way, I think we will still be implanting new ones... That way the right hand knows what the left hand is doing, in a matter of speaking.  We both want to be able to do certain things with our right hands, which we don't do with our left, or having the option to do anything with either hand.
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2012 at 5:00am
I have an older model Tec-Tus (http://www.tec-tus.com/rfid/tid_prod_reader.htm) and a Frosch reader (http://www.froschelectronics.com/hitag.htm). You might also consider asking your supplier which reader they used to program the tags with :)
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
Phyvel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phyvel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2012 at 5:31am
Well, I went to look for Brett at sleepallday.org, but it seems his store is no longer accessible.  I'm not sure what happened there, but that's the dilemma.  
I looked at the links you sent, and frosch seems to be the best bet, and they offer a couple of nice kits which include reader/writers.  I guess I need to send them an e-mail, for a quote.  
Thanks again, Amal :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic