RFID Toys Homepage
Holy crap, check out the Dangerous Things store!
Forum Home Forum Home > Projects and such > Parts and info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which Implants?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transhumanist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2011 at 8:58am
Originally posted by amal amal wrote:

3x13mm EM4102
2x12mm EM4102
HITAG 2048S

Thanks, Amal!
Phyvel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phyvel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 6:53am
So, my wife and i decided to get implants as our wedding "rings".  We went with the Hitag S 2048, and had them cloned.  After having read Amal's book, I think I'm realizing some of the tasks we would like to achieve (keyless car entry, et cetera) are slightly out of our reach using the hitags, as they currently stand.  We had them implanted when we were in the united states, but now we live in Poland.  Otherwise we could simply go get another set of implants.  I'm wondering if there is a way to gain the same results as using the qkits reader... Like perhaps a different reader which serves the same stand-alone function, but supports the hitag S.

amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 2:18pm
What size are your HITAGs? Are they 3x13mm or 2x12mm?

Also, what did you mean by "had them cloned"?
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
Phyvel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phyvel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 3:58am
2x12
By cloned I mean, they have identical numbers. I ordered them from Brett Holmes, who offered custom rewrites.
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 1:26pm
Ahh ok. Well, the HITAG S can be programmed to emulate an EM4102 type tag, however the 2x12mm size and the fact that HITAGs are tuned to operate most efficiently at 134KHz means that you will have read range issues with a number of RFID readers, including the qkits reader kit. Even so, I would look into setting your tags up to emulate an EM4102 tag before I'd worry about replacing them. Double check with Brett... he may have already done that as a custom rewrite.
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
Phyvel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phyvel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 1:41pm
We went ahead and ordered a set of EM1402 chips, an were able to have them shipped to Poland. Once we receive them, it's simply a matter of finding a body mod or doctor here, to implant them. Likely it will cost less than buying a reader/writer or airplane tickets, to have them rewritten.

amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 2:35pm
Makes sense :)
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
Phyvel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phyvel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 3:03am
Okay.  So finally, after enough wait for the 4102s to g to Poland, they have arrived.  Reading in your book, Amal, I have seen that you don't suggest using glass tags with the qkits reader.  Is there a reader one might use for automotive access, which will read the 2mm x 12mm em4102 glass implanted chips (which I just had shipped from trossen)? 
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 11:41am
Others have had better luck with the qkits than I did, but it's still hit and miss. I would try something like this;  http://www.ebay.com/itm/RFID-Reader-transponder-key-fob-security-/230447025897?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35a7b68ee9#ht_924wt_1396 - these readers are not made anymore but a couple people have tons of them in stock and put them up from time to time on ebay.

Notice the round cylinder antenna in the upper-right corner? That antenna will do wonders with a glass tag.
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
Phyvel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phyvel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 12:30pm
Just purchased :) We'll see how well it works. I'll give everything a go, and of course, post the results to this forum. Much thanks, Amal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic