RFID Toys Homepage
Holy crap, check out the Dangerous Things store!
Forum Home Forum Home > Projects and such > Reader Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anytime Fitness RFID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConfigZero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anytime Fitness RFID
    Posted: 08 March 2016 at 10:45pm
So I signed up for anytime fitness today, and I received an RFID card. hmm...
When the employee was registering a a card, the first one failed. So she got another card, and I noticed that only the last three numbers had changed, and the numbers that she registered were printed on the side of the card! 

To get in to anytime fitness, you simply hold your card up to a RFID reader, and you're in. So I did some searching on google images, and found the model of reader that they use. Fairpointe pyramid series proximity reader. 125khz. 

After looking around on ebay, I found that I can buy a 125khz RFID card reader/writer for 20 dollars, and 100 RFID cards that look exactly like the one I was given for 17 dollars. So for 37 dollars, I could clone my card, and because of the card numbers being so close, I could also spoof being another member. So given 100% success rate, I  could get 100 people into anytime fitness for 37 dollars!

You all seem more educated on this subject, so do you think this would actually work? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic