RFID Toys Homepage
Holy crap, check out the Dangerous Things store!
Forum Home Forum Home > Implants, rants, philosophy, news, etc. > Philosophy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark of the beast...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickbales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mark of the beast...
    Posted: 15 July 2014 at 3:04pm
I would like to rationally discuss this concept...

I will start by stating that I am a Christian. I am not part of an organized religion unless you consider believing the bible an organized religion. The bible like many books can be interpreted differently. I consider myself a rational Christian in that I am open to conversation and do not think I have it all figured out. What I believe is connected to my rational thought. I understand that many believe the bible is not rational, likewise there are people who believe evolution is not rational; to both I would disagree. I believe evolution and the bible are rational and therefore debatable with intellect.

This all being said before I got an implant I tried to find some evidence that an rfid implant was a possible "mark of the beast". I found lots of people saying it was with strong conviction but none with real evidence. I would be interested if anyone had real evidence that rfid chips are more likely to be the "mark of the beast" than a credit card.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there who, whether they believe the bible is fiction or non-fiction, refuse to use rational. Somehow people have decided that if they really believe something they must defend it blindly. If you really believe something you need to question it!

Just because I know some people are going to give me a hard time and not listen to any logic I put it in my left hand :) If they want to ignore the concept for a phrase that should stop them in their tracks. (also, it's in my left hand because I'm reserving my right hand for an upgrade later, convenient for ignorant debates tho ;) )

For the record I am a Christian and implanted myself.
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2014 at 3:35pm
Hey Nick,

This is the way I see it. The actual "mark" is irrelevant. What the bible is talking about is a subscription and willing participation in an system of oppression... presumably run by the big bad wolf. By focusing on trying to identify what physical "thing" that mark is, you will miss the point. What if there is no mark, and we're all enrolled in a biometric system that reads the bone structure in our hands or the facial structure of our skulls in order to participate in that system... people focusing too literally on trying to figure out what the physical mark is or will be are going to miss the whole point of the lesson... they will be distracted by the shiny object and get hit by the bus.

Likewise, let's say the mark is a credit card or a social security number, as has been argued in the past by various Christian groups. Does the act of getting a credit card automatically mean eternal damnation, or does active willing participation in supporting that system have more meaning than does simply having a credit card but not using it? The same would apply for an RFID tag.

For my two cents, I think the bible is a loose set of stories that are to be interpreted as loosely as possible and still glean as much meaning as possible from them in the context of this modern world we live in. In the past, people were sometimes marked with charcoal or ash in certain places on the body to denote adherence or allegiance to various political movements, religious endeavours, etc. so why not write that mode into the story? Being marked by another is deeply personal, and is the best way to convey such a warning about subservience to a system of oppression... so why not use it?

What I'm saying is, I think the specific details in the bible, like 666 and "the mark" are like the light sabers in Star Wars... the light sabers are irrelevant to the message of the story, but they are highly effective symbols used to help convey that message. What if, 1000 years from now, nobody knew that swords were a thing, and that's the concept that a light saber was based on... Star Wars may become a religion of sorts, and people would then always be on guard for red colored glowing phallic rods and denounce anything from a red pencil to a red crayon as a possible symbol of evil. People get too literal with this kind of thing.
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
nickbales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickbales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2014 at 3:56pm
I agree mostly...

I will start with the only thing I disagree with. I do believe there are concepts in the bible that should be interpreted literally(don't know if that is actually a disagreement lol). Now that is out of the way I agree the purpose of the bible was not step by step instructions as much as general guidance. This is why certain people say any translation but kjv is blasphemy and why they said the same thing when the kjv was originally translated.

"people focusing too literally on trying to figure out what the physical mark is or will be are going to miss the whole point of the lesson"

Love this! Unfortunately this encapsulates many a believer! Maybe not in eternal damnation but in general practice. Too often we see religions focusing on one facet of the original belief. We see sell the forest for one tree.

"In the past, people were sometimes 
marked with charcoal or ash in certain places on the body to denote adherence or allegiance to various political movements, religious endeavours, etc"

Context is crucial to anyone who believes in something with teaching predating this generation!

I generally avoid conversations involving things like this because people get really stirred up when you challenge their beliefs. I firmly believe that we should all challenge our beliefs... I don't believe you can truly believe something until you challenge it.

Edited by nickbales - 15 July 2014 at 4:01pm
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2014 at 4:22pm
cool man :)
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic